We are a Christ-centered, Bible-believing congregation. We use the King James Version and sing traditional hymns and choruses.
The object of this Church is the salvation of souls, the edification of the saints, the cooperation with other Christian activities functioning in accordance with the verbally inspired Word of God, and the glorification of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
1. SCRIPTURES: We believe the whole Bible to be the Word of God: that it was inspired verbally by the Holy Spirit, and therefore a reliable guide upon which to base man’s hopes of time and eternity. II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:19-21
2. GOD: We believe in God eternally existent in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That these three Persons have the same nature and are worthy of precisely the same homage, confidence and obedience. That God exists as a rational, self-conscious, self-determining moral being. Also that He possesses the attributes of immutability, omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence. Exodus 20:2-3; I Corinthians 8:6; I John 5:7; I John 1:1-4
3. MAN: We accept the Genesis account of creation and thereby believe that man was created by the Godhead in the state of innocence. That by his voluntary transgression fell, thus corrupting the stream of humanity at its fountainhead. We believe the whole of mankind is totally depraved and is in dire need of redemption from an outside source. Jeremiah 17:9; Genesis 1:27; Genesis 3:1-19; Romans 3:23
4. SATAN: We believe in the personality of Satan. That he is the unholy god of this age, and the leader of all the forces of evil and of the powers of darkness. That he is destined to the eternal lake of fire; a just and righteous judgment at the hands of God. Matthew 4:1-3; II Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 20:10
5. REDEMPTION: We believe Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, as no other. That He was both the Son of God and God the Son. That He was crucified, and buried, and rose from the grave the third day and is now seated at the right hand of God, thus becoming the author and finisher of man’s salvation. We believe Him to be qualified in every way to be a suitable, compassionate, and all-sufficient Savior. We believe that salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through faith in Jesus Christ, recognizing His death on the cross to be substitutionary. Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; Philippians 2:7; Isaiah 53:4-7; Romans 5:1; Acts 13:39; Romans 8:1-2
6. ASSURANCE OF THE BELIEVER: We believe it is the privilege of every believer who has been born again by the Spirit of God through faith in Jesus Christ, to be assured of their salvation at the time they take Him as their personal Savior. That eternal life is their present possession based not upon their own worthiness, but upon the finished work of Jesus Christ as recorded in the Word of God. John 5:24; Philippians 1:6; Luke 10:20; Romans 8:33-39; I Timothy 1:12; I John 5:13
7. ETERNAL STATE: We believe there is a vast difference in the terms “righteous” and “wicked.” That ONLY those who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, through faith in the Son of God are deemed righteous by God, and those who continue in their unbelieving and unrepentant state are held as wicked in His esteem. We believe this distinction will remain unchanged after death; believing also in the everlasting, conscious suffering of the wicked. Malachi 3:18; Genesis 18:23; Romans 6:17-18; Romans 6:23; Proverbs 14:32; Matthew 25:34-46; John 8:21; Revelation 22:11
8. ORDINANCES: We believe that Christian baptism is a commandment of the Lord for the believer to be immersed in water to show forth in a solemn and beautiful way, an emblem of his faith in the crucified, and buried and risen Savior, with its effect in his death to sin and his rising to newness of life in Christ. We believe the Lord’s supper is a commemoration of the death of Christ until he comes again, and should be preceded always by self-examination. Acts 8:36-39; Romans 6:3-5; Colossians 2:12; I Corinthians 11:23-28; Luke 22:19-20
9. THE RAPTURE AND CHRIST’S RETURN: We believe in the Rapture of the Church and the personal, pre-tribulational return of Jesus Christ. John 14:3; Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:16; James 5:8; Hebrews 9:28; II Thessalonians 1:7-8; Isaiah 11:45; Psalm 72:8; Revelation 20:6; Isaiah 9:6-7; Luke 1:32
10. THE LOCAL CHURCH: We believe the Local Church is a congregation of immersed believers associated by covenant of faith and fellowship in the gospel, observing the ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws and exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges given by Him. We hold that the local church has the absolute right of self-government free from interference from outside organizations or individuals, recognizing Christ as the one and only superintendent. We believe that it is Scriptural for true churches to cooperate with one another in contending for the faith, but that each local church is the sole judge in its methods and measures of cooperation. Acts 2:38-47; Acts 11:26; Hebrews 10:25; Philippians 1:5; Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 20:7; I Timothy 3:15; Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:11-6; I Corinthians 12:25-31; Acts 13:1-3; Acts 15:22; Ephesians 1:22-23; Ephesians 5:23-24; Colossians 1:18; Colossians 2:19; Acts 16:5; Romans 16:4; Romans 16:16; I Corinthians 14:33; 2 Corinthians 8:19; Jude 3; Matthew 18:17; Acts 6:1-6